Cherubs Cleaning Service
FAQ & Terms of Service
Is Cherubs Cleaning Service Insured?
Yes! Our General Liability and Workers Compensation insurance ensure that our clients are protected. A copy of our policy is available upon request.
What Days and Hours Do You Work?
Our office hours are Monday thru Friday 9am to 5pm. Our cleaners' arrival time for the first appointment is normally between 8:30-10 am. We try our best to accommodate your preference in cleaning days and times. Unfortunately, it is difficult for us to give you a specific time for your cleaning due to the fact that we clean homes to a specific standard and all homes are different in size and cleanliness. Therefore, we provide a 2 hour window of arrival. If you have a certain time of day that cleaners cannot be present during, please let us know in advance so we can schedule accordingly.
Weekend cleanings are reserved for commercial, vacation rental homes, and the occasional deep cleaning.
What Supplies / Equipment Do Clients Need to Provide?
We provide all the supplies and equipment necessary, with these exceptions: Toilet Brushes / Kitchen Sponge / Trash Can Liners / Special request cleaners such as Bona Floor Cleaner, Stainless Steel Cleaner and all-natural products.
For your own health, we ask that you provide a toilet brush in each bathroom, and a kitchen sponge. Each home has a different waste basket size, thus we require our clients to provide their own trash receptacle liners. Otherwise, we will use the size you provide on the large kitchen waste basket liners.
Please let us know which chemical or brands you are allergic to such as Bleach, Pinesol, Ajax, Oven Cleaner, Degreasers, etc. This will help to ensure we provide the best service possible.
I have Specific Requests for Special Surfaces – What Should I do?
Let the office know prior to the cleaning. Email your specific requests and place the special cleaning solutions in a visible area – don’t forget to let us know where you left the cleaning solutions so we can ensure the cleaners know that these cleaning agents can be used by them.
We ask that you supply specific cleaners for surfaces that require manufacturer’s recommended products such as stone counters, marble floors and certain types of wood floors. It’s imperative to follow the manufacturers’ recommendations to properly maintain the life of these surfaces and avoid harming them in any form.
How Can I Allow Access to the Home?
We offer 3 entry options to choose from:
1. The client may opt to be home to allow access to their home the day of the service. Cherubs Cleaning Service cannot guarantee the exact arrival times so the client must be home between the time scheduled to let the cleaner into the home. If no one is home and cleaners are turned away or unable to access the home, a lockout fee of 50% of your cleaning rate (Minimum of $50) will be billed to your credit card on file.
2. The client leaves home unlocked or provides a key, garage door opener or code to gain access to the home. Keys will be placed in a secure safe at Cherubs Cleaning Service’s office. The cleaner or team will be issued a key the day of your scheduled service to gain access to the home. The key will be signed out by the cleaner or team and signed in after each scheduled service and placed back in the safe. The keys are not marked with any of your personal information in case they are lost. In the event the code given is not correct and cleaners cannot gain access to the home the client is responsible for the lock out of 50% of the total rate will be charged for that service.
3. The client can purchase a lock box to place a key inside and provide Cherubs Cleaning Service with the pass code. In the event for any reason the key is not in the lock box or the code does not work when the cleaners arrive to clean home; the client is responsible for the lock out and a cancellation fee of 50% of the total rate would be charged for that service.
What happens if I have to reschedule or cancel my service?
In the event that you reschedule, skip, add or cancel your service, we ask that you give 2 business days notice. Without 2 business days notice you will be charged 50% of your cleaning. Cancellations on the same day of service (excluding weather related cancellations) will be charged the full rate of service. All cancellations must be made in writing via email to CherubsCleaningService@gmail.com or by calling and speaking with one of our office staff any time between 9 am and 5pm Mondays through Fridays.
Your time slot is yours, it is reserved for just you, if you cancel last minute it cannot be filled and this results in our employees working less hours.
NOTE: Cancellations may cause the rate for your next cleaning to increase to the next level (example – if you are serviced weekly and you skip a service, you will be billed for the the bi-weekly rate for your next cleaning. If you are serviced bi-weekly and you skip a service, you will pay the monthly rate for you next cleaning). The additional charges are due to the fact that the cleaners will need to stay longer to clean your home properly.
How Do I Make a Payment?
Payment is due in full the day of the service. If you are leaving a check please make it payable to “Cherubs Cleaning Service”.
Cherubs Cleaning Service accepts cash, checks, and all major credit cards. Checks returned from client’s bank will be assessed an additional fee of $40.
Can I leave a tip?
Yes. Tips are very much welcomed, and appreciated, by the cleaners. Although they are completely voluntary, if you are planning on leaving a tip for the cleaners in cash, please make sure you write “For The Cleaners” on a piece of paper.
How do I make service add on requests?
Simply call, or email us at CherubsCleaningService@gmail.com, with your specific requests. Service add on requests should be made at least 2 days prior to the cleaning to ensure we can block enough time for your requests.
Any services requiring extra labor, supplies and/or equipment will be billed additionally for these services. Any services not normally included in the cleaning package that the client selected will be an added charge unless it is noted in the client’s service agreement.
Please note that any recent renovations, repairs, or home remodeling that has left construction dust, debris, or excessive clean-up, will result in a $50 upcharge minimum. Exact costs will be determined on site.
For health and safety reasons our cleaners are not permitted to clean up bodily fluids, pet excrement, mold, hazardous chemicals or deceased rodents/vermin.
What happens if something is broken/damaged while cleaning?
If an item is broken by one of our cleaners, Cherubs Cleaning Service will compensate you accordingly. The client needs to save broken item for Cherubs Cleaning Service to inspect. We require our cleaners to take pictures of the broken item and submit them to the office. We will email you ASAP with the picture attached.
Our employees are asked to always notify us of damages. However, if for any reason a damage is not reported and you notice it first it’s important to email us immediately. Please take a photo with your cell and forward it to us that’s even better since it would expedite how fast we can find a solution or compensate you accordingly.
What is the Cherubs Cleaning Service guarantee?
We want you to be absolutely delighted with your cleaning service! Report any concerns to our office at (540)560-3696 or email us at CherubsCleaningService@gmail.com within 24 hours after the service. We will return and re-clean the area(s) of concern at no cost to you. It’s very important to report the issues immediately.
Can I hire Cherubs Cleaning Service’s cleaners on the side?
Cherubs Cleaning Service invests time and money in the development and training of their employees. Therefore under no circumstance our clients will knowingly engage in a direct working relationship with any employee of Cherubs Cleaning Service. The solicitation of a Cherubs Cleaning Service employee for a client’s private hire will result in termination of service(s). If this agreement is reached, the client will pay Cherubs Cleaning Service $3,500 for hiring an employee
What are the payment terms?
· · Payment is due in full the day of the cleaning, unless other arrangements have been made in advance.
· Cherubs Cleaning Service accepts cash, checks, and all major credit cards.
· Any NSF (insufficient funds) checks will be resolved by charging my back up credit card on file for the past due amount along with any NSF fees.
· All late invoices will be subject to service charges of 1.5% per month (18% per annum), with a minimum charge of $5. Late fees will begin accruing the day after the invoice due date and will be applied every 30 days after initial late fee applied. In addition to interest, the customer is responsible for any and all collection related expenses, including court costs and fees.
What are your holidays?
We are closed for the following 8 holidays: New Years, Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas.
What additional services do you provide?
· On-site laundry
· Inside refrigerator cleaning
· Full oven cleaning
· Venetian blinds cleaning
· Scrubbing tile / vinyl floors / grout cleaning
· Exterior of windows cleaned (fold in or 1st level only)
By initiating service with Cherubs Cleaning Service you are acknowledging and accepting of all Terms & Conditions located herein and that terms and conditions may be subject to change.